Living ScreenStrong™ means your kids’ screen use is balanced. You keep the benefits of technology, but delay the harm. You hit the pause button on addictive screens (video games, social media, and smartphones) until your kids are developmentally ready.
• Your child has a “take it or leave it” attitude about screens.
• No one is arguing about screen time.
• Your child chooses time with humans over more screen time.
• Your child does not resist getting off screens.
• You have a gut feeling that they are screen-balanced.
• Your child is not lying about screen use and there is no secrecy.
• Your child is no longer stressed or anxious as a result of screen overuse.
• Use personal screens for learning and not for entertainment.
• Delay smartphones, video games, and social media through late adolescence.
• Replace virtual worlds with relationships, real play, and real life experiences.
Minimize early exposure. Don’t let your children and teens develop an early dependency on their screens.
Maximize relationships. Change the environment to reflect a people-centered—not screen-centered—lifestyle.
Today is the day to rethink the screens in your home, reclaim your kids, and reconnect your family. Find the solutions you need to free your child from screen addiction and obsession by ordering your digital copy of The ScreenStrong Solution book.
Based on scientific research and authentic experiences, Melanie Hempe, RN by trade and mother of four, lays out the step-by-step game plan you’ll need to reclaim your kids and reconnect your family. You’ll learn why your child craves screen time, what building blocks are necessary for healthy development, how to nurture the most important relationships in your child’s life, and how to replace the digital world with the real one.