The aim of this conference was to educate healthcare professionals, teachers, school administers, and parents on the latest research regarding brain science and screen addiction in children and teens. The speakers cover topics such as the diagnosis of childhood gaming disorders and addiction, media violence, social media depression, screen-related obesity and sleep disorders in teens, and the psychology of virtual persuasive design. They examine the wide range of research with an emphasis on treatment strategies for effective outcomes.
- The Pediatric Brain: More Susceptible to Media Addiction
- Internet Gaming Disorder & Media Violence
- The Tech Industry’s Psychological War on Kids: Persuasive Design
- Teens and Screens: Sleep and Obesity Disorders
- The Mental Health Effects of Social Media and Gaming
The five experts are: Richard Freed, Ph.D. and author of “Wired Child: Reclaiming Childhood in a Digital Age;” Douglas A. Gentile, Ph.D., author of “Media Violence and Children” and professor of developmental psychology at Iowa State University; Jenn MCauley, M.D.; K.D. Weeks, M.D.; and Paul Weigle, M.D. and gaming disorder expert.
Includes 8 Full-length Videos.